Bingo has been around for many years, however, the technology advancements have brought the game to the online space and now everyone can enjoy a nice round of bingo from everywhere at any time! The top online casinos for African players have many bingo options available for you to enjoy!
Online bingo is a lottery-styled game and works just like “real-life” bingo. Players receive a card with a random number selection on it. Once the numbers are drawn, players need to mark off the numbers that match the one on their card. The goal is to fill your cards or cover certain patterns – big winnings are waiting! This basic gameplay of online bingo is the same for all variants and there are a lot of different versions.
The rising popularity of online bingo is certainly due to its simplicity. Easy rules, smooth gameplay and the possibility to play for fun or real money make bingo a game for everyone. Bingo offers players of online casinos the option to take a short break from the overwhelming video slots and table games as it usually has a rather relaxed gameplay that still offers the chance to win big. And the best? Some online casinos offer live bingo options where you can chat with fellow players using the chat function while competing for the big win.
Do you want to know more about bingo? Keep reading and find out all need to know to win big! Or are you ready to dive right in and try your luck? Then go to one of our selected online casino and enjoy many bingo options in a safe and reliable online environment.
Why should you play scratch cards?
- easy rules and gameplay – play multiple cards at once
- convenience – enjoy your favourite game from the comfort of your home
- fast pace of game – numbers are drawn faster and you will get rapid results.
- possible to play for fun/in demo mode
- similar to physical bingo games
How to play online bingo?
As mentioned before, playing bingo online is not much different than playing it in real life. Once you open your preferred game, you select how many cards you want to play at once. You will then receive those cards with usually five columns with five squares each. Once you make your bet, you will see your numbers. These numbers are generated randomly by the so-called RNG (Random Number Generator). The goal now is to match all these numbers with the ones either the live caller announces or the RNG throws out. If you hit BINGO or complete one of the predetermined patterns, you win.
These are the basic rules to play bingo. Yes, it is easy but we want to point out that the various versions of bingo all have different rules and functions. So, before placing a bet, make sure you check out the rules of your selected bingo game. This will not only increase the thrill, but also your chances of winning big!
Tips and Trick to play bingo successfully
Online bingo is great for beginners as well as seasoned players. It is – just like almost any other online casino game – based on luck, so there is no right strategy that will ensure a big win. Nevertheless, there are some steps you can take to increase your chances of hitting bingo:
- Pick a safe and reliable online casino – check out the best online casino for African players here!
- Manage your bankroll – before playing, set a budget limit and make sure you do not exceed set limit
- Start with only three cards – this will help you focus and avoids any confusion especially at the beginning of your online bingo journey
Most important Bingo terms
Bingo is for everyone and does not require in-depth knowledge. Nevertheless, there are some terms that casino players should know when enjoying bingo online. We have listed the most common ones that will help you find your way around in any bingo game.
- Bingo – Besides being the name of the game, it is also the call you make when getting a winning pattern/card.
- Pattern – A sequence of spots that must be covered in order to win. Check out the different patterns in the game rules before placing a bet.
- Blackout/Coverall – As the term suggests, it refers to the pattern of covering the entire card.
- 30-Ball – This is the quickest version of bingo, where you need to cover a three times three bingo card.
- 75-Ball – This bingo version is most commonly seen in online casinos for African players. You need to make lines or other predetermined patterns on this 5×5 card to win.
- 90-Ball – In this variant of bingo each card has three rows with nine boxes. Each of these rows has five numbers in it. To win, you need to fill one, two or all numbers (full house).
You will come across more bingo related once you start playing. If ever in doubt, check the game rules of the specific bingo game. Usually, everything you need to know is explained there in detail.
Online bingo is the online version of the highly popular lottery-inspired game bingo. It follows almost the same rules as its physical variant, just adds the factor of convenience as you can play from wherever you want. The great thing about online bingo is that you can either play for fun or for real money. So it is totally up to you if you just want to play in demo mode or go for the big win when playing for real.
Yes. The increasing popularity of smartphones plus the higher internet penetration in Africa has urged online casinos to provide mobile versions for almost all casino games. All you need is to go to your preferred online casino and start marking down those bingo cards.
Online bingo is based on luck, so there is no set strategy that will guarantee a win. The game uses RNGs, so the results are completely random. While this ensures the fairness of the game, it is impossible to predict any outcome. Nevertheless, you can increase your chances by taking the following steps: choose a safe online casino, set a budget limit and start with only a few bingo cards at once.